Indian Head Massage is an Ayurvedic treatment which has been adapted and modified as a complementary therapy for Western use.
A treatment usually lasts about 30 minutes and involves the massage of the upper back, shoulders, arms, neck, scalp and face, performed whilst seated in a normal chair.
The therapeutic effects of Indian Head Massage last long after the treatment is over. The short and long term benefits are individual, varied and cumulative and may:
- Relieve stress, anxiety and mental tension
- Release fibrotic nodules
- Relieve headaches, eyestrain, sinusitis, tinnitus, nasal congestion and insomnia
- Relieve stiffness in the neck and shoulder area
- Increase energy levels
- Promote more restful, refreshing sleep
- Strengthen the immune system
- Give a feeling of calm and peace.